The floors are sealed!



I am in the middle of renovating my kitchen, pantry, back hall and laundry room.  The floors were newer wood floors put in by the previous owners, but they had a lot of warping and water damage.  I was never fond of the color and style, but was willing to live with them, until...we decided to use 100 year old barn slate on the laundry room floor.  I loved it so much that we have now done all of the floors in the back of the house with this slate.  We bought 700 pieces of slate off of Craigslist and I had to literally scrub each one.  It was worth all of the hard work, because the floors look great!  The first coat of sealant was put on today and the second coat will be tomorrow! Yippee!

Comments

  1. Nice site Liz! I thought it was a museum when the photo first popped up and then I saw your face and figured out what was going on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts