Llama Love! and Spooky tour

Last night, I went to "Sit and Hook" at That'll Do Farm in Grafton, OH.  Before we got to hooking, Andrea gave us a tour of the farm.  It is FABULOUS!  I was very excited to meet the crias (baby alpacas), but my heart was stolen by Joey, the Llama.  Here is a picture of him with Heidi.  He loves to get right in your face and sniff you.  Once he has sniffed everyone, he starts all over again and "re-meets" you.  He is absolutely adorable and so happy! I LOVE him!
Here are some of the goats, I was so wrapped up in meeting Joey, that I do not remember if this is Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, or Fred.
This is Mr. Big.  he and the other three crias were so cute and we got to feel their luxurious coats - Yum!
I worked on my "Sheepish" rug from Spruce Ridge Studios.  I like the look of the quilled circles, but did not enjoy sewing them down to the linen.
This picture is of my daughter's progress on her first rug!  Heidi (Woolnuts) made up this kit for her and she is having so much fun with it.  She just started it on Saturday. Good job, baby!
In other adventure news, we drove down to Mount Vernon, OH to work on my genealogy project.  The girls were very tolerant as I took pictures of gravestones.  We called it meeting our "peeps." 

Afterwards, we stopped for a tour of the historic Ohio Reformatory in Mansfield.  My girls are avid "Ghost Hunters" and "Ghost Adventures" viewers and informed me that this is one of the most haunted places in Ohio.  Let me say, it was pretty freaky during the day, and I would not want to tour it at night.  My 13 year old called the tour "the highlight of her summer," so I guess it was worth a few goosebumps!

 Happy 4th!



Comments

  1. What a fun trip! Love your rug too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz ~
    I am so sorry I wasn't at the Farm. It is the first time I missed hooking there. Maybe next month! It would be so nice visiting with you again.
    Your sheep rug is coming along nicely and the hooking talent of your daughter is great. She must take after her momma :)
    Isn't the Mansfield Reformatory a cool place to visit? I really enjoyed my tour there (though I don't believe in that ghost stuff).
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts