Rugs and Goats and Tigers - OH MY!



Today, the girlies and I drove to the Harvest Festival and Antique show in Zoar. It is a great event for the whole family - there were plenty of antiques, historic buildings, baked goods and animals! It did get pretty hot and I am still "drying off." 

Here are some photos of the antique rugs at the show.  There were more, but these are the ones I liked the most:
This one was from Maine and I really liked the colors.



I went back to look at this one again, but it was gone!



My favorite was the one at the top of this blog post.  It was in pretty good condition and really reminded me of a Magdalena Briner rug, so...I bought it.  The colors do not necessarily go with my house, but I could not leave it there and the price was right.

After the girls groaned through the antique show, we found some goats to feed.  This is Java.  Next, we found the petting zoo, which had some more goats:
AND, a 7 week old tiger!
Wow!  What an experience.  There was also a lemur, a tortoise, a zebra, and more.  All of the animals are from Stump Hill Farm, a wildlife refuge in Massillon, OH. 

My only other purchase today was some really yummy syrup!  I have never had hickory syrup before, but it is delicious and made locally.


The Historical Village in Zoar is really beautiful and well worth the trip, but now I am going to put up my feet and enjoy the a/c for a while!










Comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great day!!! Love the rug you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz ~
    I haven't been to the Zoar show in years, but I did stay at a B & B there this spring. What a wonderful place!
    I LOVE the rug you bought. Lucky you!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts