Reunited with my first love: Simon LeBon

OK, I'll admit that when I was 12, I was in love with Simon LeBon from Duran Duran.  I thought that he was dreamy and...thirty years later, I still do.  While my musical taste has diversified over the years, I have remained loyal to my first love.  My daughter shares my itunes account and therefore has access to all my music.  Over the years, she has added the DD songs to her ipod and become a fan as well.  When she heard that they were coming to Cleveland, she begged me relentlessly to get us tickets.  Here she is, last Wednesday night waiting to get into the concert.  I made her the t-shirt and she is wearing my old Duran Duran pins.  Doesn't she look cute?


 Here is Simon - not bad after all these years and his voice was fabulous!  We had such a great time at the concert!  I felt like I was 12 again and screamed/sang all night long... 
In fact, I thought that the band did such a good job that I convinced my sister and mom to go see them tonight at Madison Square Garden. I am a more than a bit jealous, but it is time to come back to reality...

Finally, now that field hockey season, a trip to Europe and general back to school chaos has died down, I was able to do some hooking.  Almost done!!!!

Last week, I treated myself with an antiquing trip to Seville, OH.  I bought  a great coverlet that I will post photos of later.  I also saw some neat old rugs:
Would have bought this one if it has been in my budget.


Love the crazy colors on this pig!

Now, off to do some Halloween costume shopping!






Comments

  1. Liz ~
    Brave Hunter is lookin' good. You are so close.
    I look forward to seeing a pic of your coverlet!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts