Halloween, Hooking, and Hacking coughs

Halloween has come and gone, but I wanted to post this picture of my Halloween feather tree and chalkware ornaments.  I got this several years ago from Primitive Keepings in Medina.  I just love putting it out each year.
I also love this gourd scarecrow.  I have several other pumpkin gourds, but this one is my favorite and he will stay out until I decorate for Christmas!

My oldest daughter has been sick since Saturday and I have been at home taking care of her. We went to the doctor on Monday, but had to go back yesterday. They took a chest x-ray and she was diagnosed with pneumonia. :( I am hoping the new antibiotics get her better soon - I have never seen her so sick.

  So...this week I am working on painting the floors of my back hall and stairs.  All of the wood floors in the house are painted this color, which is actually a lot darker than it appears in this photo.
My other project this week is to FINALLY finish the edge of my Santa rug (Twinkle is ready to lie on it if I do not get it off the floor...).  I vowed that I would not start a new rug until I finish this one and bind my Brave Hunter.  I am using a technique that Cynthia Norwood taught me in August. I am just horrible about finishing.   Kris Miller from Spruce Ridge Studios has a new book on finishing, but she sold out at the biennial.  She should be getting more next week and I am on the list to get one!
Here is Trucker in front of the mess left over from finishing Brave Hunter...

Off to go check on my baby...





Comments

  1. Liz ~
    I heard that Primitive Keepings closed and I never even made it there :( Have you heard the same? Sweet little feather tree.
    I LOVE your Santa rug!!! It is on my "must hook next year" list.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts