Signs of Spring

The first true sign of Spring in Northeast Ohio is the mud.  Here is Pumpkin after a few minutes outside this morning.  I do not have the same issue with Cutter because he hates to get his paws wet.  He actually resorted to pooping on the driveway the other day rather than step in puddles...Thanks, buddy.

Pumpkin is on the hunt for baby bunnies.  The past two tears, a not so intelligent momma bunny has nested on our patio.  Last year, we tried to move the nest once Pumpkin discovered it, but it was too late...

I loathe the thaw and muddy paw prints all over my house, but when the daffodils bloom, my mood brightens.
Unfortunately, the Lilies of the Valley have decided that they are no longer content with staying in the beds, and are now coming up THROUGH my driveway. UGH!
We have had quite a few strong wind/rainstorms, and we lost a large tree just beyond the fence.  It came down on the remains of the old barn. :(  That will be fun to clean up.
At least, the mornings are a little easier with the warmer weather and extended daylight.  My girl look pretty chipper for 7am!
Hopefully, I will get back to more hooking today, I worked on the Indian in my Brave Hunter rug.  Kris Miller had the great idea of using this striped wool for his pants.  I think that I really like how it looks, but may have to switch out a few of the stripes depending how the colors of the rest of the rug work out.

Have a great day!






Comments

  1. I'm so happy you are blogging again. Your hunter rug is fabulous and I loved all the pictures from Punderson. I saw the spice rug once before and liked it. I'm anxious to see Carrie's Herb pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz ~
    I found your blog through the link on Kris' blog. I, too, live in Ohio, two blocks from Lake Erie and am a hooker and antique junkie!
    I am envious of your house!!! I live in a 70 year old colonial and would love to live in a true oldie.
    Brave hunter is looking fantastic. What a great pattern. Thank you so much for sharing Punderson. Maybe next year...sigh!
    Stop on by if you get a minute ~ www.rugsandpugs.blogspot.com.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    Love your blog! I found you through the link on Kris' blog as well. Looks like you had a great class with Kris. Our guild is having her teach a workshop for us in November. Looking forward to it. Your rugs look great. I have The Brave Hunter pattern in my stash too. Love the way yours is hooking up. Can't wait to see your progress!! -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts