Does this sunbeam make my butt look fat?

Twinkle will begin this post with the eternal question about her butt...I told her that she looks great.  What do you think?  From one girl with a little junk in her trunk to another: you look as good as you feel!

This week I was focused on end of the school year activities and a little bit of gardening.  I moved eight hostas from in front of the garage and put hem on the side of the garage where they would be better shaded.

I replaced them with some alyssum and Victoria blue salvia.

  Eventually, I want to move my peonies here, but they are currently blooming and I will not disturb them.
I am also re-working the bed in front of my driveway.  It is full of mums, which look pretty in the fall, but I loathe the rest of the year.  I have added a Siberian Iris, Bee Balm, A Butterfly Bush, and some Irish moss.  The broad leafed plant growing in the center are pumpkins that reseeded themselves.


Here is my girl with one of her buddies after a sleepover - the first of many this summer.  Don't they look perky for having stayed up late?!


In other news, we will soon have some babies at the farmhouse.  A barn swallow couple has decided to build a nest in our breezeway.  The only problem is that they are dive bombing us every time we go out the door.  Andrea from That'll Do Farm warned me that I would be sorry if I did not take down the nest, but...I just couldn't do it.  Stay tuned for my regrets later this month...

Off to do some more planting and  perhaps mow the lawn.  Happy Sunday!



Comments

  1. Oh I LOVE barn swallows! They may dive bomb you but they are supposed to bring good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz ~
    Yes, that sunbeam does make her butt look fat...lol!
    I've had rugs do that to me :)
    Not a good day to garden here in Ohio. Just too chilly, damp and gloomy. Oh, and those pesky midgies (aka lake flies)!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts