Note to self: inhaling wool dust can be harmful to your health

The girls and I are getting ready to leave the hubby for a few days and visit my 89 year old grandmother in Texas.  Her mind is sharp, but her body is weary, so we will probably be spending a fair amount of time inside her home.  I thought that it would be a great idea to bring some hooking, so I am bringing my "Sheepish" mat kit from Spruce Ridge Studios rather than lug my big rug.  In anticipation, I have been cutting my wool and putting it into labeled baggies.  My brilliant (or no so brilliant) idea was to be a human vacuum sealer and suck out the excess air in the baggies, so that the wool would take up the least amount of room in my luggage....BAD idea!  I choked on wool dust and had a "fuzzy" feeling in my mouth for about an hour.

I should have known better, but as my mouse pad says :


But at least Trucker kept me company and demonstrated that kitties do know how to do the backstroke!
(note the wool snippets all over the carpet)

Happy Weekend!

Comments

  1. Liz ~
    Have a safe trip and enjoy the time spent with Grandma. I'm sure it will be very special for her knowing you and the girls travelled such a distance to see her. Give her a hug from me, too.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts