Wool, Glorious Wool!

I purchased two sets of  4 wire crates at Bed Bath & Beyond and replaced the old shelving in my wool closet.  I had a lot of fun trying to sort by color and was relatively successful and had all the wool put away until... I found another whole pile that I had forgotten about.  Rather than pull everything out and re-sort, I took the lazy route and just crammed it in. Voila!


Of course, the true highlight of my woolly week was the wool sale at Cynthia Norwood's home.  After our Guild luncheon , we were invited to go into Cynthia's stash and buy wool.  She is getting ready to move back to Texas and needed to purge a bit.  It was wonderful - I could have stayed for days!  Hmmm...now that my wool is "organized" ( a term I will use very loosely), perhaps I have some room for more...  I know that if I work at it hard enough, I will be able to justify more wool purchasing.

School is finally almost over.  We are in the home stretch: Band Concert- done, Strings Concert - done, Spring Musical - done, Art Project Installation - done, Field Day - done...Yippee!


Comments

  1. Liz ~ The wool looks great! I just love the feel of it.
    I wanted to go to Cynthia's wool sale, but I could not justify taking a day off work to spend money on wool...lol! I bet there was a great selection of marvelous wool.
    It is a gorgeous day today on the north coast and I really must get off this darned machine and get some yard work done.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. *****never enough wool!!! there is a funny story about rebecca erb color planning a rug
    in her old business location. apparently she
    was staring at the woollies in the room and
    as her husband happened to walk by he said,
    "please don't tell me you don't have the
    right color?"
    the name for your website is great...we
    had a clumber spaniel many years ago. he was
    from some friends who were leaving the country for a tour in the diplomatic corps and couldn't
    take him along. so, henry, arrived and lived
    a very happy life with us for the next nineteen
    years. he wanted to be included in everything
    our children were doing and would not let a
    closed door stop his need for inclusion. how
    many vacuums have we gone through over the years with all of the pets. i have hooked primitive wide cuts for almost forty years and
    they are all on the floor. they are also durable as can be witnessed in our homes
    with all the kids, pets, friends, etc.
    since i am new to the blogspots, having just retired, yours is a pleasure. the
    rug you hooked for your anniversary is EXCELLENT!!! the choice for the background is
    clearly indicative of your talent and you have
    the eye for a great future in this craft. i am
    not one to compliment needlessly. you have what it takes, excellent color sense, good
    technique and a passion to coninually learn.
    keep up the good work and as you continue to
    "struggle" with the color planning know that
    it will all click in a few more years. time and
    patience will bring great results to your efforts...i promise!
    enjoy your children because they do grow up
    fast...we raised eight daughters. we also have
    had british short hair cats, maine coon calico's and now a manx. all have been great
    fun and especially our manx. truly a breed that
    entertains and are the closest to a dog in the
    cat world. try one sometime, you will be pleased.
    you're a cut above the rest...keep up the
    great work and hopefully some of these other
    bloggers will notice your great work. they
    have much to learn and you will be a great
    teacher in this craft...study hard!!! the rewards will be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts