Cutters, Cuttings, & Cutter

The rug hooking world got thrown  a loop with this week's announcement of the closing of Townsend Industries.  Townsend manufactures the Rolls Royce of wool cutters and now everyone is scrambling to buy up the inventory before it is gone.  Of course, I had been planning on asking Santa for a Townsend, but my plan had to be accelerated.  I contacted Barb Carroll to ask her advice on which two blade sizes I should buy and then called Mr. Ault.  I will know in a few days when his order comes in if I lucked out and got what I needed (OK, wanted). 

In the meantime, I found a handy tote at my local garden store, which works purrfectly as a cutter tote!  Twinkle was kind enough to model with it this morning.

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  I went shopping for plants for my pots, watched my Brownie troop "bridge" to Junior Girl Scouts, and spent some quality time outside with the pups while everyone was at school.  Right at the edge of our woods are the old foundations from the original barn and outbuildings.  Wild Phlox is growing amongst the ruins and it looks so beautiful.  I am going to go out this afternoon and get some cuttings and put them in a vase. 

Lastly, can't talk about cutters and cuttings without mentioning my boy, Cutter.  Look at this face- I absolutely adore him!



Comments

  1. What a face!!!! He is a cutie. Also love your tote. That was quite a find. Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get a Townsend. Day 2 of no carbs and I think I will die.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts