A Boat, Two Races, Dog Hair and a New Addition!


Just because the end of the school year is winding down, there is no end to the activity here at the farmhouse.  The Wigglebottoms saw the boat in the driveway and knew that it was "that" time of the year again.  Here is David after successfully launching the boat and parking it at the marina.  We need the 40 degree water to warm up a bit before we start tubing, knee boarding and water skiing.

Every few years, we travel down to Louisville for Derby Weekend.  Churchill Downs is a fabulous place for people watching.  The hats, dresses and ties are all really fun. The ladies and I all purchased "fascinators" from the Churchill Downs Store.  (Needless to say, my teenager has already incorporated mine into the abyss we call her closet and worn it to school.)  My luck was lousy this year and I seemed to have a knack for picking the fourth place horse each time.  Oh well... We had plenty of "Lilly's" and Mint Juleps to ease the pain of our losses.
The other race coming up in our lives is the "Girls On the Run" 5K.  Our daughter participated in this program last Fall and signed up for it again this Spring.  This photo was taken after their first practice 5K last week.  I have promised her that I will run it with her this year.  Yikes...it is only a few weeks away and I am NOT ready!
I had to include this self-portrait taken after having snuggled with the dogs.  For anyone considering adding a Clumber Spaniel to their lives- BEWARE!  You will never be able to wear black again!
And, lastly, if I did not have enough pet hair in my house....we are welcoming a new furbaby into our house next week.  He is six years old and obviously has problems getting along with dogs (lol).  Twinkle is thrilled to have a new friend to share sunbeams and catnip with!   We are very excited to welcome him into our home!!!!  Stay tuned for more pics once he arrives.

Have a great day!





Comments

  1. Liz ~
    Your new furbaby is just too cute!
    I had to laugh at your self portrait. Pugs are just as bad ~ only their hair is shorter. Last winter I wanted to buy a black wool coat but I knew better.
    Wasn't it a beautiful day in Ohio today?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts