Western Reserve Rug Hookers - Hook-In

I got to escape reality yesterday and attend the WRRH Hook-In at Lake Farmpark in Kirtland, OH.  I had a great time chatting and hooking!  It was fun to catch up with Jane and Heidi and to meet many nice ladies including Lauren from Rugs and Pugs !  I did not take many pictures, but Heidi took some good ones that are on Mr. Taylor's blog (including one of me at work)!
Unfortunately, I spent so much time chatting and shopping that I did not make much progress on my rug.  I did get the hill finished. Oh well... I'll blame it on the fact that I chose not to bring my floor frame and instead had my old Pittsburgh lap frame (which I hate). Jane let me try out her snazzy frame, which I liked almost as much as my Snapdragon at home!

 The hook-in was well- organized and everyone from our guild brought in baked goods. I was lazy and picked up some cupcakes from Heinen's on Friday night. Even with a note attached, someone in my house "liberated" a cupcake before I had time to leave in the morning!

There was a fabulous Chinese Auction and I was the lucky winner of item #10! It was a basket with several pieces of wool, a penny rug pattern, and a star candle holder.
I got to catch up with Kris Miller from Spruce Ridge Studios and purchased this kit to work on with my 13 year old.  She has been nagging me to teach her how to hook, but I have resisted because I selfishly do not want to share my stash!  This kit also has quilling instructions and should be fun to work on.
I also bought these fat quarters of as is wool from Kris.  I love the stripe!  I think it will make a great pig - the only problem is that I have no patterns with pigs...YET!

I visited the Heavens to Betsy Booth and grabbed a few wools, because as Betsy's husband said to me , "Can you ever have enough wool?" NO!
I purchased this kit from Among Friends.  It is a dog bag.  The only problem is that my kit came without instructions and I have no idea how to make a wool bag...I will add this project to the bottom of the to do list for now, but it is very cute!
Here is Twinkle lying among my mess from the Hook-in.  She loves to play in the wool, just like her momma!



 


Comments

  1. Liz ~
    It was a pleasure meeting you at the hook in! Brave Hunter is lookin' fantastic. I just love your color choices! Please keep us posted on your progress.
    Congrats on winning #10!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts